Orphan lines, by assigned definition here, can be any lines with ancestral OR descendancy connection problems. They will invariably lack hard evidentiary documentation like bibles, church or probate records, to specifically identify parentage.
1. CORNELIUS BARKULOO, infant, is baptised 13 Oct 1747 in Northfield DR Church, parents: Abraham Barkuloo and Catrina Ellis. Catrina may be the same bapt.30 Aug 1724, the d/o Bastien Ellis and Sarah Nevius. This is the first evidence of Abraham Barkuloo, almost assuredly linked with the Van Borculo clan of Gravesend and New Utrecht,Kings Co.,Long Island,NY., but unconnected by early research of Mrs. John Spell.
2. GARRET BARKULOO, bapt. 28 Jul 1750, Northfield DR Ch., also a son of Abraham and Catrina(Ellis) Barkuloo.
3. CATRINA BARKULOO, bapt. 2 Nov 1754, Northfield DR Ch., a daughter of Abraham and Catrina(Ellis) Barkuloo. May be same who married Edward DeHart betw.1771-76.
4. ABRAHAM BARKULOO, is dead by 1 Jun 1767, based upon a Richmond Co.,NY court record. Catrina survives him.
5. GARRET BARKULOO, whose name never resurfaces in Richmond County, may be deceased by 1783, but not necessarily without heirs.
There is clear evidence members of the Richmond County,NY branch of the Barkeloo line settled in bordering New Jersey counties briefly during the 1700's, with more than one finally choosing Bucks County,PA because of the already established Dutch Reformed churches there. It is believed Garret Barcalow, b.20 Feb 1780 - d. 12 Oct 1861, Churchville, Bucks Co.,PA., is a son of Garret Barkuloo of Richmond Co.,NY. Garret Barcalow eventually married Eleanor M. Hogeland(1781-1868), d/o Dirck Hogeland and Edith Bennet, of Hunterdon Co.,NJ., who moved across the Delaware River into Bucks County,PA prior to daughter, Eleanor's baptism in the Bensalem DR Ch.
|More Barkuloo Orphan Lines|
|Home Page||Barkuloo Sub-Directory||Directory|